Thursday, March 12, 2015

Boxes, Papers and Medications

Last week, we received our huge expensive box filled with prescriptions. Necessary items that will help us prepare for the official IVF procedure. Each medicine has it's own job and the timing and "how to's" for each one is different.

I was in a bit of information overload on Monday as they explained each item in the box.

While I typically prefer to be a bit more vague, I suspect it helps people looking into IVF to know more details. I have one drug that I take as a shot every morning that helps keep me from ovulating at the wrong time, that way I can be on right time-table needed for both me and the doctor.

Additionally, Josh and I both have to take medications that help us both be healthier for the whole process. We have become pill popping buddies! A new experience for us! Haha! I am also on prenatal vitamins and birth control (I know that makes no sense but it helps with timing).

For the first part of this, the medications haven't made me feel crazy - I suspect the more emotional medications will begin next week as the real inside prep and hormone boosting drugs begin.

We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment