Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Homestudy: Wow! That's a lot of paperwork

Today, after a few days of anticipation, as I knew the homestudy packet was coming, we got our home study packet in the mail! And WOW! Just looking at it is overwhelming...fingerprinting, psych evaluation (Hmm that one might be tricky!), and pretty much everything you would ever want to know about us, our home, our family, our work, etc... I'm thinking 100 pages worth of stuff to fill out! Do people having their own kids have this much paperwork? Are they evaluated THAT much?

I guess in a way it is fun to have a "project" but I wish it would magically fill itself out. And in this crazy age of technology I pretty much type everything. Can I (we) really write out 100 pages worth of stuff?!

It would be easy to just not do it and keep moving on with our busy lives. I told Josh we needed a vacation just to fill it out! So in a way, filling this out really means, we are in.. moving foward...we are adopting...we are giving up our free-spirited lives...(sort of)...we are a little more eager and hopeful.

I guess really paperwork is much easier than pregnancy right--in a weird way yes, and yet in a weird way no. Okay, either way!

Yeah for homestudy paperwork!

Oh and we are still finding pictures for our photobook--we have started it and found some good pictures! Weekend goal--finish the photobook!

No comments:

Post a Comment